Re: ls -l | less shows "escape" chars

The only downside is if you need the output to go to a file or a pipe to a
different program.

If you still have ls aliased to "ls --color", then this:

ls > /tmp/filelist

will still put escape codes in filelist.  "ls --color=auto" won't - it will
keep it plain ascii text.

If you never do that, then it's not an issue though.

cc1e2r$f56$1@sea.gmane.org">news:cc1e2r$f56$1@sea.gmane.org...