Re: Annoucement: GCC-3.4.0 binary release candidate

Hallole Gerrit,

I was not trying to build gcc & kin, but rather just use it to build the
suite of software
I've been working on over the years.

There was one hickup with g++ under heavy duty optimization, for which I
filed a bug report
(https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=954656&group_id=2435&atid=102435).
Danny Smith said he fixed the problem and send the patch back to the
mainstream gcc folks.

Performancewise I had mixed success (compared with executables compiled
under gcc 3.3.1 cygwin -mno-cygwin).
Some are significantly slower, some are significantly faster (+/- 50%) than
under 3.3.1.

There were many issues, though, I had to deal with in order to be able to
compile the code under mingw in the first place (see the posts I made around
5th of
may 2004). If you are interested in details of the workarounds, let me know!

grusel,
H.

p.s. in my university days I knew a Frank Haase from Berlin; are you related
to him?

1334708173.20040606133832@familiehaase.de">news:1334708173.20040606133832@familiehaase.de...