Re: dll version collision

On May 28, 2004, at 2:17 PM, Reini Urban wrote:

Michael Hale schrieb:
What is the correct way for someone to run multiple versions of cygwin on their machine then?

There's none!
That is too bad. I guess that means I will have to worry about varying environments in our build process. At least until cygwin has the ability to run in conjunction with other cygwins.

> This seems like a very useful feature to me,
since among other uses it would allow a new version to be tested along side an older but known version of cygwin.

Kill all cygwin processes (via net stop or psservice and then via taskman or pskill),
backup the current cygwin1.dll and rename the new (snapshot) cygwin dll to cygwin1.dll,
start the autostarting cygwin processes again (ipc-daemon2, cron, ...),
test it.
This is not really a solution to my problem, which is how do I run multiple cygwin versions simultaneously.

-- Reini Urban http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/

"OS X: because it was easier to make UNIX user-friendly than to fix Windows"