Re: g++ linking

At 05:57 AM 5/27/2004, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am not able to link one of my program using g++, so looking forward for some help.
>
>I am having a library(util.lib) and dll(util.dll) file.
>
>I am trying to link my program to the dll and getting undefined reference error where as the same thing works if I try in linux environment.

I think you're implying something about your Linux environment here but
I'm not sure.  Certainly as stated and making no assumptions, you can't
link your program with a DLL on Linux.  I point this out just so you
recognize that your statement is unclear and that it colors my response.

>when I try to list the symbols from the dll it returns nothing.
>When I try to list the symbos from the library file it returns the symbol for the function I am looking for.

And the library is what?  An import library?  A static library?  Where do
the DLL and LIB come from?  How were they built?  Perhaps you need to
provide the actual sequence of steps you're taking and the results you
get.

>I want to know is there any way I can use g++ to link using the library file rather than the dll I rememeber in Microsoft Visual c++ we specifiy library file rather than dll).

And this doesn't work for you with g++ because?

>I went through the mailing list

Good to hear!

>and could not found any relevant requirement.

Unfortunately, everything there is not gold.  And sometimes the gold is
hidden.

Holliston, MA 01746