Re: cp breaking weirdly when trying to copy an executable without specifying the .exe extension

Hannu E K Nevalainen wrote:
> [...]

Yes, the problem is that stat("foo") will transparently stat("foo.exe"), but open("foo") then fails. 'cp' then makes an assumption
about why this might occur, and displays a nonsense error message.

I suppose the answer is to simply patch coreutils to give a better error message in this case.

Max.