Re: CRON problems

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

On Fri, 7 May 2004, Andrew DeFaria wrote:

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

On Fri, 7 May 2004, Brian Dessent wrote:

Andrew DeFaria wrote:

# Install cron service:
cygrunsrv -I cron -p /usr/sbin/cron -a -D -d "Cygwin cron" -e "MAILTO=$USER@Salira.com" -e "CYGWIN=ntsec"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ As an aside, hasn't 'ntsec' been enabled by default for a long time now? Or am I just remembering incorrectly?

Brian

You are remembering correctly -- "ntsec" was enabled by default back in the 1.3.* days. That makes the above redundant but harmless. Having "ntsec" in your $CYGWIN also serves as reminder/documentation for the actual option values (even if they are the default).

CYGWIN=ntsec is not the default for inetd --install-as-service. Perhaps it should be...

Huh? Do you mean "inetd --install-as-service" actually puts "nontsec" in
$CYGWIN? Otherwise, if "ntsec" is not specified, it's on (which is what
Brian said, too).

Actually I guess you are right - but I have not tested it. Back when I first started dealing with inetd and using --install-as-service ntsec was not the default.

In any event, some people might want to have not only ntsec but also smbntsec set in the CYGWIN environement variable for things like services.
--
Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.