Re: co-linux

> * Dave Korn <qx@negvzv.pbz> [2004-04-14 12:55:10 +0100]:
>
>> I have just read about beta release of co-linux (linux on
>> windows). Is this product going to kill cygwin.  What will be the
>> benefits of using cygwin in that case.
>
>   Having a Unix-alike, rather than a Linux-alike, for one.

This is confusing.
Unix is a class of OSes.
Linux is an instance of that class.
The syntax of your sentence implies that, when you say Unix, you mean
an instance, not the class.  Which instance?  SCO UNIX?  AIX?  Solaris?
HP-UX?  Apparently SCO (the others do not have `Unix' in the name).

Cygwin is (arguably) another instance of the Unix class, based largely
on the same codebase as Linux (cygwin1.dll and libc are different,
apparently, but, IIUC, bash, ls, cp &c are the same).

Could you please clarify what you are trying to say?

Thanks.

<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.