Re: handling cvs ssh2 passwd prompt

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004, Lloyd Wood wrote:

> I'm using cygwin base 1.5.7-1 and uptodate cygwin cvs and ssh
> installs. When I attempt a cvs transaction with sourceforge via:
>
> export CVS_RSH=ssh2
> cvs -z3 -d:ext:name@cvs.project.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/project co project
>
> I have trouble with the resulting:
> name's password:
> password request.
>
> If I run those commands in a terminal window in the shared X server
> window started with startx, the password request appears in the
> initial cygwin window.
>
> If I run those commands in a terminal window in a Windows
> window started from startxwin.bat, I don't know where the password
> request is sent to.
>
> Any hints? It seems to be an oddity in handling/redirecting stdout/in.
>
> thanks,
>
> L.
>
> CVS 1.11.6
> OpenSSH_3.7.1p2, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0.9.7c 20 Sep 2003

Lloyd,

Please (re)read the Cygwin problem reporting guidelines at
<http://cygwin.com/problems.html>, especially the bit about attaching the
output of "cygcheck -svr" (which is not optional).

The first thing to check is whether you're using the Cygwin versions of
OpenSSH and CVS.  AFAIK, there is no ssh2 command in the Cygwin OpenSSH
package.  Running "which ssh2" should give you an idea of which ssh you're
getting.  It does sound like you're getting a Windows program that
attempts to detect the console (and gets the one that opened the X
window).
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/