RE: Avail for test: zip-2.3-6 + encryption code

Looks good so far.

-----Original Message-----
From: Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID)
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2004 9:43 AM
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: RE: Avail for test: zip-2.3-6 + encryption code

Regarding "if you're stupid enough to specify an encryption password on a
command line":

It's worse than that.

I use Cygwin to process database dump into HTML files, which are, in some
cases, then distributed in a zip file attached to an email.  On occasions
the email antivirus decides that the zip file contents contained a virus and
deletes the zip file.  I asked our help desk what I should do.  They said
that if I encrypt the zip file and put the password in the body the
antivirus would not be able to see inside the zip file but the recipient
would be able to unzip it.

No need to look at the process database.

I usually wait for packages to be moved out of "test" before installing
them, but since I got this entire encryption mess started, I've downloaded
the test version and will give it a try.  I'm sorry for all the bother I put
everyone through.

As always, thanks to everyone for the great work.

- Barry