BZ2 file extraction

I have cygwin
I have a file with a foo.tar.gz2 extension.

How to I extract the tarball contained within?

I tried gzip -dv foo.tar.gz2, but I get
[snip]
gzip: foo.tar.bz2: unknown suffix -- ignored
[/snip]
as a response

I tried tar -tvf foo.tar.gz2, but I get
[snip]
tar: This does not look like a tar archive
tar: Skipping to next header
tar: Archive contains obsolescent base-64 headers
[/snip]

I also tried bunzip foo.tar.gz2, but bunzip is apparently not installed because I get
[snip]
'bunzip' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
[/snip]

I looked in the cygwin setup section for archive, and bunzip or bzip isn't listed ... likewise in base and other sections.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

I am, scratching my head,
Larry