cygwin debugging howto? was: cygwin1-20040213 hoses emacs 'desktop'

Igor Pechtchanski 02/14/2004 10:58:24 AM:
> Please try to configure your mailer to not quote raw e-mail addresses

Notes? <LOL/> Sorry, that's the sort of thing I normally strip out in
emacs. "Hosing emacs considered harmful."

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004, Thomas L Roche wrote:
>> * I coulda been debugging this at least a week ago if anyone had
>>   done howto's for debugging cygwin

> There is such a HOWTO.

Where? FWIW searching this list for "debug cygwin howto" gets nothing
useful; googling gets my post

http://www.mail-archive.com/cygwin@cygwin.com/msg35156.html

hmm ... do you mean

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/insight/2001-q4/msg00161.html
> Here's the (incomplete) howto on cygwin debugging.

> 1. The first thing you'll need to do is to build cygwin1.dll and
> your crashed application from sources. To debug them you'll need
> debug information, which is normally stripped from executables.

"incomplete," yes; "howto," no ... Were you referring to something
more complete/howto-like?