Re: g++ command, missing packages?

Angelika schrieb:

> "Gerrit P. Haase" <gerrit@familiehaase.de> skriver:
>>Thinking again about it.  If you select one or more of the gcc-*
>>packages, the main package `gcc' should be selected autoatically.
>>Probably you unselected the `gcc' package accidently in the setup
>>chooser?

> I´ve downloaded it again and it looks the same except for two additional
> catalogs in the gcc catalog:

> release:
>         gcc:
>                 gcc-ada
>                 gcc-core
>                 gcc-g++
>                 gcc-g77
>                 gcc-gpc
>                 gcc-java
>                 gcc-objc
>                 gcc-testsuite

> there is also a file called
> gcc-3.3.1-3.tar.bz2 in the gcc catalog.

> I´m in school now so I won´t install it until I get home, but do you think
> this will make a difference? Are there other packages under Devel that
> I´ll need?

gcc-core & gcc-testsuite includes only the source & testsuite for the
backend, you probably don't want to install it, so make the list to be:

                 gcc
                 gcc-ada
                 gcc-g++
                 gcc-g77
                 gcc-gpc
                 gcc-java
                 gcc-objc

The mingw components are automatically selected if you select the above.

You'll also need the binutils package which includes the linker.

Gerrit
--
=^..^=