RE: Is perl-5.8.2 canonized for use on cygwin yet?

>The trailing backslashes aren't necessary. I've removed them in my LIB and
>INCLUDE environment variables and VC works just fine. You could try removing
>them and see if that fixes the perl build.

Well, you can remove them manually; but this is a computer and it should do the work.  The next
time, VC might break if you remove them, so you couldn't remove them.  Cygwin should account for
this sort of behavior in Windows-installed environment strings.  It's a nontrivial change to the
code that execs the cygwin program from within the encompassing Windows program, though.

--Blair