Re: Forks/spawn test using ~latest~ CVS source 20031217 10:00AM (GMT+1)

Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Fri, Dec 19, 2003 at 12:32:10AM +0100, Philippe Torche wrote:

Sorry, but why would your urgency have any bearing on a community,
volunteer project?

Sorry too, We have been surprised by our first test on a multi CPU engine, after one year of development without big problem (only a tee problem and rsync not very usable (now using robocopy instead)). And now we are close to the delivery on 3 Multi CPU Xeon. But probably like you, we have only mono processor PC, Pentium 3, Pentium 4 and Athlon XP.

I think you really need to read this:

The fact that this is really important to you does not make me reorient
my priorities.  That's how it works.  I'm doing this for free so I get
to choose what I want to do.  Engaging in a laborious "Now try this"
testing scenario through the next week and into the Christmas holiday
was not how I planned to spend my time.
It's Christmas holiday for me too since next wednesday ! And have some nice time with my family.

I know that threaded applications are difficult to develop. I think you are our chance to correct this.

AFAICT, you are talking about fork, not thread.

Just as my usual obligatory aside: You do realize that if/when you release
your product it will have to be GPLed right?  That means you release the
source code of the product and the source code of the cygwin DLL and
any utilities you bundle with it.

Yes, we will and we do that already !