Re: Invalid program file name, pif file

At 09:45 PM 12/6/2003, SonyMaster@aol.com you wrote:
>When I changed to the bin directory, the command did not work, so I had to
>run it via "./cygcheck -srv". I displayed very much text, and the window did not
>follow it all. I cannot scroll all the way back up... I've forgotton on how
>to copy all of the text scrolled, so I only got the last parts of it. Sorry
>about this, but I'll see if I can figure out how to get all of it. Here is what I
>managed to get, which won't help though.

Well, you caught me.  Obviously, I have "." in my path (which I shouldn't
for security reasons).  You recovered nicely from my flawed directions.
Looks like I've caught you only partially reading and/or absorbing
information you say you've looked at.  <http://cygwin.com/problems.html>
gives you the exact line you need to invoke to save the output of cygcheck
to a file.  I know this is cruel but I'm not going to summarize it here
for you.  You'll have to look again on the page for yourself.  As long as
you're looking at it to solve this problem, give the whole page a once over
and then take a 2 minute "breather" at the end to think about what you just
read.  I bet you'll hear some clicking. ;-)

I'm going to just jump ahead and ask you for a little more information
too.  In addition to the output of cygcheck, please attach the following
files too:

/etc/profile
/var/log/setup.log
/etc/passwd
/etc/group

Can you think of anything else to include that might be helpful?

Holliston, MA 01746