Re: Perl PrivoxyWindowOpen missing?

On 21 Nov 2003 at 6:23, Brian Dessent wrote:

> Stephen Biggs wrote:
> >
> > Trying to run a downloaded Perl script that I really need to have working
> > and I get the following error message:
> > Undefined subroutine &main::PrivoxyWindowOpen called...
> >
> > This is with the latest install of everything, done today.
> >
> > Is this a problem with Perl missing some library? Is there some sort of
> > work around?
>

> :-)
>
> This is actually due to a bug/config error in Privoxy.  One of its popup
> blocking filters changes all occurances of Javascript "open()" in page
> sources to the one you're seeing.  Unfortunately, that action was
> wrongfully applied to your URL.  I believe this selectivity has been
> much improved, so you should definitely grab the latest actionsfile from
> the site (or CVS.)  This doesn't have anything to do with Cygwin or
> Perl, they're both innocent.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I am a bit confused.  I am running this script strictly command-line in
Cygwin.  There is no URL or browser activity involved.  While I might
have Privoxy installed, it seems to me that the actual call in Perl is
not getting interpreted; that is, the call is stopped by Perl before it
even gets to Privoxy due to some missing library interface.

Or, Perl calls Javascript as part of its operation?  What am I missing
here?

Thanks for the help.