RE: Bug in gzip's stdout handling

I've removed <support at gzip dot org> from this discussion.  So far this
is Cygwin-related, and you can update them later on the results if it
turns out to be a generic gzip issue.

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003, Thomas Hammer wrote:

> [...]

(2) shows that you used to have text mounts.  Your cygcheck.out shows
binary mounts, so that's probably not the problem.

Please try the following:  "sed '' binaryfile.bin > acopy.bin" and compare
the files.  Also "echo | sed '' > test.out; od -c test.out" and "perl -e
'print q{ }x2560' | gzip -c > test.gz; od -c test.gz".
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu