RE: Info versus Man

From: Joshua Daniel Franklin Sent: 10 November 2003 18:31
> $ grep CLEAR /etc/pinforc
> CLEAR-SCREEN-AT-EXIT=true
>
> It's amazing!

Strangely enough I had actually done 'pinfo pinfo' ...
and I tried 'pinfo -x pinfo' as a test and it didn't work. Several times.
As I just tried it again and it _did_ work I must have got my testing wrong
or something.
It still doesn't work as I like though, it does 'clear the screen', whereas
info and man put the screen back as they found it, plus the command that
invoked them of course.
I'll look to see if there are any other useful switches or config options
but while I like the colouring done by pinfo I prefer my screen to be
restored how I like it.