Re: Segmentation Fault of ssh3.7.1 with cygwin1.5.5-1 in W95

Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote in
20031030095229.GM1653@cygbert.vinschen.de:">news:20031030095229.GM1653@cygbert.vinschen.de:

>> I observed a ssh crash on Win95 too, but only after running
>> ssh-host-config It went away after deleting the two ssh 22/ lines in
>> c:\windows\services They don't seem to end with CRNL.
>
> Ouch.  I see why that happens.  I'll have to modify the
> ssh-host-config script.
>
> This is no problem on 98/Me and NT, though.  Did you also test with
> ssh/22 lines with CRLF?
>
> Corinna

It seems to me that the missing CRLF is not the only source of the problem.
I receive a similar stackdump on XP Home, but only when I use the user
under which sshd has been installed.

When I use root, ssh works fine.
I´ll go deeper into the differences, but up till now it seem that the ssh
configuration scripts do not make up the difference.

I´ll come back to you later.

Christian