Re: Key-based authentication fails when keys are in Samba directory

and Larry Hall wrote:

> Can an unauthenticated user access //sambaserver/username via Windows?
> If not, that's the real problem.  You'll have to use password authentication
> unless you change the access.

Both of these fine gentlemen had it right:  I had completely missed
the Samba authentication problem.  I was able to use public-key
authentication by mounting my home directory with the public key
via "net use" (and supplying a password), prior to logging in via SSH.

Thanks very much to both of your for your swift (and patient) responses!

--
Hugh Brown
hbrown@dyaptive.com