Re: Cygwin/rsync Hang Problem Testing Results

Paul Thompson wrote:

People of cygwin & rsync,

I recently attempted to get cygwin and rsync working to solve a backup/mirroring need in my computer life. Well, as you might guess, I ran into a little but of trouble.

So, based on my testing, I would conclude that the infamous cygwin rsync hang bug was introduced somewhere in the coding for 2.4.6. As for myself, I plan to go ahead and just use version 2.4.0, as it is the most recent version of rsync that worked for all three tests. If I can be of any more help, including testing patches, please let me know.

Can you suggest a download source for 2.4.0? I have only been able to find 2.4.6, 2.5.6-1 and 2.5.6-2. By the way were either of your machines dual processors (or hyperthreaded)?

Mark Thornton

Thanks for all of the hard work on cygwin and rsync, folks.

Sincerely,
Paul Thompson
captbunzo@squirrelmail.org