Re: Apache/PHP installation puzzle

Hello Jason,

Thanks for getting back to me.  I've been working on this all day and, despite
having found out about rebasing etc., have still not got a solution.

To date:

1. Remove all vestiges of Cygwin from the W2K box.
2. run the Windoze update stuff and ensure that W2K is up-to date
3. Download version 2.415 of the setup.exe from the Cygwin mirror.
4. Install the very minimum needed to get Cygwin up and running.
5. Replace v2_1 of libbz2 with version 2_0 because I know this causes
problems.  This is a three stage process whereby the default 2_1 is replaced by
an updated version, v2_0 is then added, and finally v2_1 is removed.  Without
going through this step we end up with Windows errors 126.
6. Using setup.exe get Apache 1.3.24-5.
7. Start apache with /usr/sbin/apachectrl start.  Apache starts OK and checks
out (visit localhost with browser and get expeceted response).
8. Stop Apache in preparation for adding PHP.  ..... or, to be precise, don't
stop it!!!! The command /usr/sbin/apachectrl stop returns as follows:

Administrator@zebedee ~
$ /usr/sbin/apachectl stop
/usr/sbin/apachectl stop: httpd (pid 1240?) not running

Well, 1240 is certainly running along with several of it's siblings and it's
still running after the stop command.  So now we're at the first problem to
solve - how to control httpd reliably.

Any idea what's going on here?  I can't find any errors - but maybe I'm looking
in the wrong places.

Regards,

Dave

Quoting Jason Tishler <jason@tishler.net>:

> Dave,
>
> On Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 10:15:13AM +0100, dave_d@boltblue.com wrote:
> > Does anyone have any suggestions?
>
> Use Google:
>

> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-
8&q=unable+remap+same+address+parent&btnG=Google+Search