RE: uw-imapd -> server crashing

Steve,

I've finally been able to have some time to take a look at this.  It turns
out that in updating the README.cygwin.txt that was in the original port
that this is based off of, I had removed at least one critical step:

(1)  Make sure the following lines exist in your /etc/passwd file:
Everyone:*:0:0:,S-1-1-0::
SYSTEM:*:18:18:,S-1-5-18::

     (The important points are that Everyone have uid 0 and SYSTEM must
      have UID 18.)

In the next release that I hope to have out soon, I will put the original
documentation that I had removed back into place.

I encountered the same problem as you when I did a fresh install of cygwin
on an XP Pro box that didn't have any cygwin on it before.  After adding an
EVERYONE line as noted above, it worked fine.

-Abe