License question about Cygwin

As the Cygwin.dll is licensed under GPL, any "Program" that links to it must
be released under GPL as well.

My question is, what if the "Program" also links to proprietary .dlls that
are authored by someone else. That source can not be published (I don't even
have access to it). Furthermore these .dlls are not freely available.

Does that mean that even if I publish all of my source code, I would still
be violating the GPL because I couldn't publish the source code to the
proprietary libraries.

Thanks for any help.