RE: ssh with keys to Cygwin/Openssh on Windows XP

> I use it just fine.
>
> Im not sure what the issue is.
>
> 1.  Could be /etc/passwd file is not pointing to the correct $HOME

/etc/passwd from a cygwin prompt points to /cygdrive/c/home/jhood ...  just
like it should (the .ssh/authorized_keys is in under there...)

the keys are in both .ssh/authorized_keys and .ssh/authorized_keys2...  I
also have them (just in case...) in /home/jhood/.ssh/authorized_keys and
/home/jhood/.ssh/authorized_keys2

the debug output from ssh -vvv is:

debug1: authentications that can continue:
publickey,password,keyboard-interactive
debug3: start over, passed a different list
publickey,password,keyboard-interactive
debug3: preferred publickey,keyboard-interactive,password
debug3: authmethod_lookup publickey
debug3: remaining preferred: keyboard-interactive,password
debug3: authmethod_is_enabled publickey
debug1: next auth method to try is publickey
debug1: try privkey: /home/jhood/.ssh/identity
debug3: no such identity: /home/jhood/.ssh/identity
debug1: try pubkey: /home/jhood/.ssh/id_rsa
debug3: send_pubkey_test
debug2: we sent a publickey packet, wait for reply
debug1: authentications that can continue:
publickey,password,keyboard-interactive
debug1: try pubkey: /home/jhood/.ssh/id_dsa
debug3: send_pubkey_test
debug2: we sent a publickey packet, wait for reply
debug1: authentications that can continue:
publickey,password,keyboard-interactive
debug2: we did not send a packet, disable method
debug3: authmethod_lookup keyboard-interactive
debug3: remaining preferred: password
debug3: authmethod_is_enabled keyboard-interactive
debug1: next auth method to try is keyboard-interactive
debug2: userauth_kbdint
debug2: we sent a keyboard-interactive packet, wait for reply
debug1: authentications that can continue:
publickey,password,keyboard-interactive
debug3: userauth_kbdint: disable: no info_req_seen
debug2: we did not send a packet, disable method
debug3: authmethod_lookup password
debug3: remaining preferred:
debug3: authmethod_is_enabled password
debug1: next auth method to try is password
jhood@jhoodxp's password:

logging in with the password always works...  I'm pretty much out of ideas
at this point...

JH

--

jhood .a.