Re: cygwin and the rest of the Windows

Ling,

I'm sorry, we all make mistakes.  The one I made was omitting the "-c"
flag to bash.  Another was missing the quotes.  So, your perl.bat should
contain

c:\cygwin\bin\bash --login -c "/usr/bin/perl %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9"

This was enough to run scripts from the command line for me (make sure you
specify the path explicitly, as the --login flag will execute
/etc/profile, which will change to your home directory).  You may also
need to call cygpath.exe, since you'll be getting the Win32 pathname of
the script, I think...

For the shell files, yes, I think "c:\cygwin\bin\bash --login" should be
enough (but again, check that).

You will be able to access any directory on your C: drive using the
/cygdrive/c/ syntax.

Also, if you use Cygwin perl, you should be using POSIX paths internally.
However, you may receive Win32 paths from Apache, in which case you'll
need to use cygpath to convert them to POSIX.
	Igor

--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu