Re: Cygwin, mutt, Windows XP issues

On Sat, 24 May 2003, Peter Davis wrote:

> On Fri, May 23, 2003 at 04:39:01PM -0400, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > > Thanks, Igor.  This was helpful, but I haven't solved these problems
> > > yet.  Any debugging tips?  I've been able to build mutt 1.5.4, but I
> > > don't know how to build a debug version, and, unlike 1.4i, it crashes
> > > on some messages.
> >
> > See suggestion above (write a short test case that uses the same code, and
> > keep adding code from mutt to it until it stops working).  I doubt the
> > part of mutt that checks the mailbox timestamps has anything to do with
> > curses.
>
> No, I know the timestamps have nothing to do with curses, I'm just
> wondering if I can debug in the same window where curses is repainting
> the screen, etc.
>
> Thanks!
> -pd

Peter,

FYI, if you debug an app in gdb, it will open a new console window in
which the app itself would run, so you won't be debugging and running the
app in the same window.  Simply set the breakpoint in the function that
checks the timestamps, use mutt normally, and when it stops at the
breakpoint, step through the code (you'll still need a debug version of
mutt, though).
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/