Re: problems with "man" command under cygwin

Igor,

Thanks for your help. The PAGER variable is not set.
I also ran man -d and here is what says:

Reading config file /etc/man.config
found man directory /usr/share/man
found man directory /usr/X11R6/man
found man directory /usr/local/man
found man directory /usr/kerberos/man
found man directory /usr/man
found manpath map /bin --> /usr/share/man
found manpath map /sbin --> /usr/share/man
found manpath map /usr/bin --> /usr/share/man
found manpath map /usr/sbin --> /usr/share/man
found manpath map /usr/local/bin --> /usr/local/man
found manpath map /usr/local/sbin --> /usr/local/man
found manpath map /usr/X11R6/bin --> /usr/X11R6/man
found manpath map /usr/bin/X11 --> /usr/X11R6/man
found manpath map /usr/bin/mh --> /usr/share/man
found manpath map /usr/kerberos/bin -->
/usr/kerberos/man
found manpath map /usr/kerberos/sbin -->
/usr/kerberos/man

using /usr/bin/less -isrR as pager

path directory /usr/local/bin is in the config file

path directory /usr/bin is in the config file

path directory /bin is in the config file

path directory /cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32 is not in
the config file
and we found no man directory nearby

path directory /cygdrive/c/WINDOWS is not in the
config file
and we found no man directory nearby

path directory /cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/System32/Wbem is
not in the config file
and we found no man directory nearby

path directory /cygdrive/c/Program Files/ATI
Technologies/ATI Control Panel is not in the config
file
and we found no man directory nearby

path directory /cygdrive/c/Program Files/Common
Files/Adaptec Shared/System is not in the config file
and we found no man directory nearby

path directory C/Program Files/cygwin/usr/local/bin is
not in the config file
and we found no man directory nearby

path directory /cygdrive/c/Program
Files/cygwin/usr/bin is not in the config file
but there is a man directory nearby
adding /cygdrive/c/Program Files/cygwin/usr/man to
manpath

path directory /cygdrive/c/Program Files/cygwin/bin is
not in the config file
and we found no man directory nearby

adding mandatory man directories

adding /usr/man to manpath
using default preprocessor sequence
found tbl(1) directive

not executing command:
  unsafe

I am still not sure what is happening.
I get the same result if I run from
cmd (i.e., not cygwin) prompt.

I tried exiting the command shell and even
rebooted the PC, then tried reinstalling the
cygwin. How can the environment still be messed up?