Re: Cygwin & Tomcat 3.21.

Steve wrote:

I'm on win2k and using Tomcat 3.2.4.

Ho, boy. That's ancient. I don't think Tomcat 3.2's shell scripts supported cygwin.

Remember, the JDK itself is not a cygwin app - it expects Windows-style (semicolon-separated) classpaths.

Tomcat 4.0's script supports cygwin by converting the paths to and from Windows format to Unix format, but there's a bug in the script (they pass "--path" to cygpath when converting single directory names in a couple of places, which is broken - I believe that's fixed in 4.1.*, but it's easy to patch 4.0).

Your best bet is to look at 4.0's catalina.bat, and see how they detect cygwin and convert the paths to Windows-style when calling Java from a cygwin bash.
--
Shankar.