Re: setup.exe cannot find mirrors

Actually, I experience this occasionally without Zone
Alarm, from both work and home.  My guess is that
sources.redhat.com (or where ever setup gets the
mirror list from) is temporarily inaccessible.  Trying
again in an hour or two usually works.

Which brings up a feature that the setup crew might
consider.  (Note: This is a suggestion, not a
request.)  Might setup cache the mirror list as a fall
back for when one cannot download a fresh one?  Or
might updated mirror lists be distributed from the
mirrors.  in this case, setup would only download the
mirror list from sources.redhat.com when first used or
when the default mirror is inaccessible.

- Barry Buchbinder

22/04/03 16:37:58, Igor Pechtchanski
<pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu> wrote:

>On Tue, 22 Apr 2003, Alan Blundell wrote:

Sorry, Sorry, Sorry to have bothered you. Have
suffered a mental blackout.
I forgot I had Zone Alarm enabled and this stopped
setup.exe from accessing
the internet.  I now realise that I have done this
once before, quite a while
ago.  I abase myself and will put up a large notice on
my computer saying
"Zone alarm will stop new programmes accessing the
internet, stupid!"
It works ok now.
Alan.