Licensing fee for Cygwin 1.3.X

Please help me clarify whether Cygwin 1.3.x
can be used without additional costs under the
scenario described below.

I am using my own custom DOS batch scripts to
facilitate the launching of a commercial
application. Some enhancements that I want to
make in these scripts require more complex text
manipulation than DOS can provide, but they are
simple to do in a Unix shell (bash).

Could the Unix text commands
(e.g. grep, more, tail, etc) in Cygwin 1.3.x be
used without incurring additional licensing fees?
If a licensing fee is required under version 1.3.x,
is it also required in a "pre-commercial" release of
Cygwin (e.g. B19, B20.1)?

Thanks,

Robert Hua