RE: Upgraded, CYGWIN *much* slower

 My _very personal opinion_ regarding McAfee, after having had it running
for several years
(the last beeing V5.21): It eats *loads* of CPU-cycles without really using
them for anything "very special".

 For me McAfee caused lockups and strange pausing at irregular intervals -
these problems disappeared COMPLETELY after replacing it.
 (Using "www.f-secure.com" currently, not saying it is a better antivirus -
but it sure makes the computer a lot more usable.)

/Hannu E K Nevalainen, Mariefred, Sweden

--END OF MESSAGE--