Re: Problem with PHP: Win32 error 193

On Mon, 21 Apr 2003, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

> This subject has been discussed on the list multiple times, the last
> thread being less than two weeks old.  Please search the list archives for
> "php error 193".

Well, I did search the archive, but I didn't fine the information there
very helpful. For example, I'm given the impression that the problem is
that setup.exe calls a broken rebase and that corrupts the DLLs. To work
around that I just did the following

1. I downloaded only apache-php-4.2.0-2.tar.bz
2. I expanded the archive using bunzip2.
3. I de-tarred the archive to a temporary directory.
4. I manually moved libphp4.dll on top of the existing copy.

Yet I still get

Cannot load /usr/lib/apache/libphp4.dll into server: dlopen: Win32 error 193

I did a rebaseall for good measure, but it didn't fix the issue.

Does this mean that the copy of libphp4.dll that is being distributed is
corrupt (not likely)? Or does it mean that the bad exe format is actually
in a different DLL? I did not see anything in the list archive that seems
to address this. Perhaps I'm just missing it.

BTW, entering "dlopen: Win32 error 193" in the the archive's search engine
returns no hits. Leaving out the ':', however, causes a number of hits to
be returned. The returned hits do, in fact, have the ':' in their text.
This seems quirky.

Peter