Re: bug: tcp RST instead of FIN if child exits after parent closes path

On Mon, Apr 21, 2003 at 09:53:48AM -0400, Brian White wrote:
>There have been feelings that the source of this problem is with the
>Windows socket interface, but it doesn't seem to fit with the
>descriptions others people have provided.  My original report is
>attached.

I don't see any indication that this is other than a Windows problem.
If it isn't then the supposition is that somehow Cygwin is noticing
child terminations or socket closings, noticing that the child has
sockets and is somehow doing something to the socket.

It's conceivable that there is some setting that we could use in cygwin
to magically make this work but no one has stepped forward to indicate
what that would be.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but it seems like this issue has been
discussed previously in this mailing list.

cgf