Re: H.T.M.L. (RE: Getting home directory in Windows 2000 environment)

Igor,

At 15:35 2003-04-09, you wrote:
On Thu, 10 Apr 2003, Hannu E K Nevalainen (garbage mail) wrote:

> --- HTML contents snipped ---
>
>  May I ask those of you who insist in posting in HTML format to reconsider!
>         a) You're a SERIOUS virus security risk!
>         b) You're polluting email
>         c) Attached images add an unnecessary burden on email downloads

> /Hannu E K Nevalainen, Mariefred, Sweden
> [Outlook* instructions snipped]

FYI, there is another reason, probably of more importance to the posters:
Using HTML mail equates your message with spam in the eyes of the message
archiving software, and a copy of the raw message is not stored, which
prevents people reading the list through the archive (e.g., me), from
answering your query.

I didn't know that. Personally, I don't think I've ever felt the need for styled text (HTML), though attachments are necessary and that includes the occasional image. But I still defend the use of more modern presentation formats (i.e., HTML). This policy sounds prejudiced to me.

Igor

Randall Schulz