Re: How to decide the file type in Cygwin?

Glenn,

At 20:04 2003-03-24, Glenn Fowler wrote:

some unix systems { linux bsd uwin } support the
<dirent.h> struct dirent d_type field

the dt_type values { DT_UNKNOWN DT_DIR DT_LNK } can be used to optimize
directory traversals that otherwise would have to stat() directory
entries to discover/count subdirectories

Thanks for the information.

"You snooze, you lose." I've been napping.

To the original poster: Portable coding will require that you either use the stat(2) method or feature your source code (use #if or #ifdef) to accommodate the variety of system capabilities.

-- Glenn Fowler

Randall Schulz