Re: Midnight Commander does not close shell in rxvt

On Sun, 16 Mar 2003, Thorsten Kampe wrote:

> I start Midnight Commander in a rxvt window. After quitting mc, the
> spawned shell (bash or zsh) is not teminated - leaving a "zombie"
> shell process.
>
> This doesn't happen when mc is started in "normal" console window.

I've noticed this already, but in different situation - when I run MC from
ssh session. Never payed too much attention when I run it in rxvt,
because I don't use rxvt alot.

A similiar (if not the same) problem existed before. It was a problem in
Cygwin itself and with the combined efforts of Christopher Faylor, Pavel
Roskin (the MC maintainer) and myself we succeeded to solve it at some
point.

I'll debug next week and see if this is the same problem or another one.

Hopefully a fix will become available shortly. A short term solution is to
disable the subshell (mc -u). mc-4.5.55 was built without subshell support
at all because I was aware of the problem at the time of the release.

I wonder if I should upload a new version without the subshell support
until I fix this ?

P.S. Thanks for all of your bug reports.