Re: cygwin gcc 3.4 and cygwin

On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 06:19:58PM -0000, Max Bowsher wrote:
>Brian Ford wrote:
>> I thought I had a legitimate concern and question, not one that
>> deserved "just" a sarcastic response.
>
>Yes, it was sarcastic,

As was, "Gee.  I hope Cygwin, and anything else you compile with that
compiler for Cygwin, does not have structures containing doubles."

For the record, Danny Smith is working on getting the cygwin patches
into gcc.  But, guess what?  He doesn't get paid to do this any more
than I do.

>>It would be easy to accendentally release things for Cygwin that are
>>ABI incompatible with Cygwin's gcc.
>
>structs containing doubles aren't a hugely common feature.  Besides, I
>think Chris knows what he is doing.

Thanks for the vote of confidence!

Again, for the record, I'm not releasing products based on the trunk
gcc.  I just like to keep my gcc up to date with the trunk so that I can
detect errors early and try to help correct them in gcc or correct them
in cygwin sources.  So my main compiler is the trunk gcc but all of my
releases are made using the same source base as cygwin's released gcc.

Just another *free* service that I'm providing to the cygwin community.

If anyone wants full-fledged service, backed by Red Hat, I'll put them
in touch with the appropriate sales person.

cgf
--
Please use the resources at cygwin.com rather than sending personal email.
Special for spam email harvesters: send email to aaaspam at sourceware dot org
and be permanently blocked from mailing lists at sources.redhat.com