Re: SHELL on W2K (gmake 3.79.1) is cmd.exe not /bin/sh

Max Bowsher wrote:
Parish wrote:
I am trying to help someone get Mozilla building on W2K but we can't
get it to work because, it appears, the value of SHELL is being set to
cmd.exe (i.e. COMSPEC). It is being run from the cygwin bash shell.

Is SHELL set in the Windows environment? (i.e. before bash starts)

Yes, to /bin/bash.

My setup works fine so I am looking for differences. I got him to run
make with -p and send me the output. The relevant bits from this are:
# makefile
MAKEFLAGS =  --win32 -p

He has sh.exe in /bin (/cygdrive/d/Projects/cygwin/bin). I can
reproduce the problem on my system by renaming sh.exe and he assures me that
typing ''/bin/sh'' at the bash prompt works.

Get him to run "ls -l /bin/sh" and also "id" and send the output here.

I'll do that.

Max.