Re: how to run a process from DOS within a cygwin .bat file

On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 10:22:21PM -0800, David Christensen wrote:
>As for the RTFM'ers -- it is better to help people, than to attack or
>bully them.  "Do unto others...".

As long as we're dishing out advice, I find it is better not to admonish
people who are helping you, in whatever capacity, if you expect to be
helped in the future.

No one was attacking or bullying.  "Just run the darn thing" is hardly
an attack.  "Reasonable project principals will welcome any constructive
feedback, but they should not be expected to share the priorities of any
particular complainant" is not bullying.

It's easy to be on a high horse and offer theories on why things like
documentation aren't better.  Often when you do so, you open the door to
your own ignorance and let people see it clearly.  So, tread softly when
you are giving advice unless you are really very very sure that you know
what you're talking about.

Wow.  This sermonizing on behavior is fun!

Btw, I have thirty years of computer experience.  I'm a senior manager,
and I have my Master's Degree (In Science!), so I obviously know what
I'm talking about.

cgf