Re: Algum brasileiro usa Cygwin ?

On Fri, 28 Feb 2003, Frédéric L. W. Meunier wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Feb 2003, Ronald Landheer-Cieslak wrote:
> > Read http://cygwin.com/faq/faq_4.html#SEC29
> > Read http://www.cygwin.com/bugs.html
> > Read `man term`
> > and get back to us when you've done that.
> I installed rxvt and it not only solved this problem but
> another I reported about screen messing the terminal colors -
> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2003-02/msg00698.html
Good - glad to hear it worked out :)

[snip]

> BTW, can I assume you don't need to copy and paste accentued
> text ?
I live & work in France, with programs that need to produce messages in
french. I do need to copy & paste accentuated text on occasion but I have
never had any problem in doing so because I set up my terminal correctly.

I also do some work in dutch and german (as well as english) and have no
problems with those character sets either - in fact, the only problems I
have with my multi-lingual environment is the different keyboards
(switching from one to the other). That is not a problem w/ software, it's
a problem with getting used to an azerty layout after typing on a qwerty
for a couple of hours..

ciao,

rlc