Re: using text files unix<->windows<-> macintosh tip

    The GWD editor (http://www.gwdsoft.com) is another good choice.  It
features language specific hilighting and a bunch of other great tools,
and has a C-like macro language.  I have used it to edit scripts and
makefiles while running a cygwin shell.  It's not open-source, but then
not all great software is.
    Cheers,
Gordon Keehn

--