Re: Updated: OpenSSH-3.5p1-3

On Sat, Jan 11, 2003 at 07:27:40PM -0800, Michael A Chase wrote:

>Setup.exe doesn't depend on cygwin1.dll.  Any postinstall scripts
>probably do, but they should be able to find the dll if the rest of the
>installation isn't corrupted.

I noticed recently that if you are updating the DLL and there is a
preremove script in another package, then it is possible that
cygwin1.dll will be removed and then the preremove script will run.  The
premove script won't be able to run because cygwin1.dll is missing.  I
assume that similar problems may result if ash is being installed, too.
The problem that I saw is probably pretty harmless most of the time,
though.  I don't know if that is what is happening here.  Probably not,
but I thought I'd mention it.

cgf
--
Please use the resources at cygwin.com rather than sending personal email.