Installing w/o setup.ini

I am attempting to install Cygwin from a CD-ROM containing downloaded Cygwin
files (src and bin) but which does not have a setup.ini/setup.hint. I do not
have a Cygwin/Unix enabled computer or access to the net and can't use, e.g.,
Polley Christopher W. (8 Nov 2002) script to generate a .ini file. Is there any
way to do an installation?

Can I retrieve .ini/.hint files from ftp sites? How?

Do I have to hand generate a setup.ini file (gruesome)? And do I have to
generate dependent package references by hand - or can I just assume that there
are no dependencies?

Any suggestions?

art

aschwarz@acm.org

Sorry if this is a duplicate post. I keep getting error messages from the e-
mail S/W.