Re: dos2unix/d2u does nothing

Fred,

It works OK for me. You may be experiencing an interaction with a text mode mount (though from the looks of it, "conv.c" was ported for cygwin to open files in binary mode, so this shouldn't happen).

As to the mod time, perhaps you wrote the file and then converted it within the same minute, so "ls -l" doesn't show a change in the modification time (even though the difference is there at the finer time resolution that the OS and / or file system uses to record file modification times).

By the way, dos2unix and d2u are identical (byte-for-byte).

The other thing I can think of is that you're not running the dos2unix from the "cygutils" package, that the version you're running was not ported to Cygwin to be immune to the mount type and (conceivably) that it resets the file's modification time after reformatting it.

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA