Re: pipe performance problem

Christopher Faylor <cgf@redhat.com> wrote:

> If the relevant code was obvious then it would be trivial to fix.  I'm
> not even convinced that there is a cygwin problem here.  It doesn't
> appear to be doing anything wrong.  However, unless you are doing something
> with ttys I don't see why that's appropriate.

from a quick look i found /dev/piper and things like that in tty.cc and
since thats what the strace logs are also showing i thought tty.cc is
relevant.
now please correct me if i'm wrong, but when it works with 1.1.18 and
not with 1.3.x and the only constant that changes is cygwin, wouldn't
every fan of logic scream out loud then: it's cygwin! :)

anyway i'll try to provide more information and will do some additional
testing. and i'll write the cdrecord developer about my new findings and
see what he thinks about it.

thomas