Re: SPEWS blocked me

On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 11:16:51AM +0800, Wu Yongwei wrote:
>Is SPEWS necessary? I see that the whole DSL IP range of our company's
>ISP is blocked. Terrible that each user needs to beg the mercy of SPEWS
>or individually send request to register their e-mail addresses safely
>to use in Cygwin.

Yeah.  It's really really terrible isn't it?  The horror of having to
take an extra five minutes to register yourself.  The mind numbing
searing pain is almost inconceivable.

>No intention to insult. Just feel there may be alternate ways to do
>that. Once our mail server is blocked by a open relay list, but it is
>easier to remedy and I feel good that a security hole in our mail server
>is eliminated.

Given that a marjority of the spam that makes it by all of the other
filters is blocked by OsiruSoft, I don't think I'm going to be
eliminating it anytime soon, especially when you can trivially bypass
the block.

cgf