dd command problem??

Hello,

I am using cygwin 1.3.10 on win2k system. recently
while I try to write some file into a: using following
command: dd if=myfile of=a: bs=512 count=1, the
computer tried to write and then come back give me
error message: dd open "a:", Permission denied. I
switched to administrator account to do the same
thing,
the same result. It is obvious to me that dd try to
write to a dirve. Is dd not working yet? or my setup
is not correct?

Thanks

Bizhong Hu
bizhong@yahoo.com