Importing symbols from .exe's

Hello. We are trying to build a library that references symbols from
an executable. How it works is the executable loads up and then loads the
dynamic library. The library can then implicitly reference symbols inside
the executable. This works fine under Linux and Solaris.

Under Cygwin I am having problems building this library. I get the error
"undefined reference to `XXX`" for all the symbols. The library has no
problem resolving symbols that are in other libraries, but fails on the
symbols in the executable.

So how do I build this library? The symbols can not be resolved until
runtime when the executable loads up the library. Thanks.

   Garrett Banuk
   Shiman Associates, Inc.