Missing commands/incorrect behaviour after update

Hi,

after updating my cygwin installation on Friday (with repeated
re-updates on Monday) I have several problems.

1) Several commands (at least cat and fold) are missing, even if the man pages
are still there. Both the download and installations where (eventually)
made with everything available through the installer.

2) A newly created directory can only be entered after chmod 700 (or similar).
This is (I believe) consistent with my umask of 122, but a) inconsistent with
previous behaviour, b) bloody stupid.

3) I have sporadic occurences of being automatically put in input mode
(instead of the correct normal mode) when going through the history with
the arrow keys or j/k. (Using, of course, vi command line editing.)

Can anyone explain these strange problems? What can I do to get a properly
working setup?

In case of plattform dependencies I use Windows 2000 SP2.

And yes, I failed to make a backup of the existing older downloaded files.

Grüsse,

Michael